Autumn Equinox 9/22/2026 - Start Of Kit Building Season



Its that time of year for most of the Western Hemisphere. AUTUMN!  Shorter cooler days and in some areas frosty. Its the season where some of us cut back on our portable activities and operate from the warmth and comfort of our shacks.  Its also the season when some of us pull out our soldering irons and put them to work.  Be it , repairs or maybe kit building, Autumn can be the start of Kit Building Season.

For me, I've got a few projects on my To-Do-List. At the top is the completion of my 2nd Low Band QRP Labs QDX Digital Transceiver. 


Since we are moving toward the IN BETWEEN of Solar Cycle 25 and Solar Cycle 26 area, it is likely that I'll be operating more Digital Modes and Satellites than Morse Code and SSB.

During the Autumn and Winter months my plan is to run the 2nd QDX unit via Raspberry Pi in JS8Call digital mode from my shack; especialy overnight. I may also look at assembling some other kits. 

I came across a YouTube video from the guys at Ham Radio Perspectives, Quinn / K8QS, Tom / WA9TD and Stuart / WA5US who talked about the current Ham Radio Kits of 2026.  They've covered a rather nice list of kits to build from beginner to more experienced Ham.




Additionally, they've complied a very extensive list of companies and kits including their URLs for the companies in a PDF file downloadable here: Ham Radio Rig Kits Today

I see a few kits and other things on this list that I have my eye on. Take a look for yourself and get in the mode for the Start Of Kit Building Season.





 






Comments

What Everyone Else is Reading

Are You Inclined to Assist In During A STATE OF EMERGENCY?"

Ham Radio Record Keeping: It's Still Important To Me!